Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Darkness called, but I wasn't home so he left me a message

If you get the above quote, I salute you. If not, go play Warcraft.

It was nice to be back home for Christmas and spend some time with my family. Still unsure about this whole ireland thing due to the burglary, but I'll figure it out as time goes on, I'm in no rush yet.

I've recently discovered a wonderful gem due to the great people at strategycore, Jagged Alliance 2. Squad-based tactical top-down view games are as rare nowadays as a sensible politician so finding one of the old greats is truly a joy, thank you once again GoG. Story goes something like this; country is happy, king is alone. King finds wife.Wife turns evil and tries to kill king. King runs away with the help of underground resistance movement (yeah, cuz helping the king you are rebelling against makes sooo much sense) and flees to other country. Wife (ex-wife now) crowns herself queen and begins regime of horror, death and tyranny. King sits on his ass for a decade or two and then hires 4 idiots to go beat her 10.000 man strong army and kill her.

Yes, you play the 4 (or however many mercenaries you decide to hire) idiots. Great game. Storyline, not quite so much.

In other news, it turns out that I'm a complete idiot (like you didn't know that already). Playing around with knives is dangerous at best. Playing around with knives when other, less lethal, stuff would do the job more so. Playing around with knives you don't need while extremely tired at 3 in the morning on a weekend? Beyond stupid and way into moronic level. Took 2 hours of sitting on my ass with paper wrapped around my finger to stop the bleeding. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment