Tuesday, October 26, 2010

AoW

Old classics are always fun and to me, Age of Wonders is a beatiful example of a really good classic RTS. Top-down view of your kingdom, lots of fantasy creatures, a slightly cheesy story and a completely brain-dead AI. I recently discovered that Steam had the entire series up for grabs and decided to go for it, so far I haven't regretted it one bit, playing a classic like that again always puts a smile on my face, even if newer players would frown and go "where iz my pl4sm4 sw0rd!" or somesuch.

I'm just happy being able to steamroll a dozen enemy soldiers with a bunch of ballistas again. And some magic.


Oh, and as an aside, a 6x2 stone bridge elevated 15 blocks over sea level in Minecraft looks awesome and ohmygoddoestakesforevertobuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment