Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mental preparation

One of the things I've learned through my time in WoW is how much true mental preparation can matter.
Jong, from the Forbearance blog is the master of this art, just go read some random posts from his blog, he's a goddamn genius.

Right before doing something that you know is going to be insanely difficult, take a look in the mirror, smile and say to yourself "I know I can do this. Lets go!"

The above sentence can be diplomatically referred to as male cow leftovers.
The following is not.

I am the most fucking supremely awesome motherfucker this world has ever seen. Anyone even remotely unaware of this will this instant get stabbed by a hundred blind monkeys while angels will fly around them in a circle singing my praises so they understand their failure.

You can either choose from screaming this at the top of your lungs out the window or failing miserably.
Ok, that might have a bit excessive, but the point is that quietly telling yourself you are a good little boy/girl is useless and will never work. Belief, knowledge, moderation and understanding pale in comparison to simply boosting your ego to high heaven.

This will get you the confidence to succeed in just about anything - IF you have the goddamn skillz!
Just my 2 cents for the day.


See ya all on the far side boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment